A new generation of social and environmental strength built on a family legacy.
Elegant bursts of citrus and red fruits
About the farmFounded in 1924, the Bejofo Estate is one of the two historic plantations in Madagascar. Since 2000, the farm has placed Madagascar on the map of fine cacao, supplying most of the top chocolate makers in the world. The Bejofo trinitario are the only beans in Madagascar (and one of the 16 worldwide) to be recognized as Heirloom cacao by the Heirloom Cacao Preservation Fund.
About the PartnershipWith support via the Tsiro project, together with USAid, investment into environmental, educational and social projects are uplifting the local community and investing back into cocoa farming communities.
Try a SampleYou can order a 1 kg sample of this product. If you like the sample and want to order, please complete the form below.
- Genetics: Criollo and Trinitario
- Size: Uniform Size, Medium, Large
- Fermentation: Centralized
- Drying: Sun Dried
- Floral: ●○○○
- Fruit: ●●●●
- Nut: ●○○○
- Chocolate: ●○○○
- Spice: ○○○○
- Acidity: ●●●○
- Hand Sort: Yes
- Bag Size: 65 kg
- Certifications: Organic & Fair For Life (Ecocert)
- FOB Price: $4,300 USD / MT
- Availability: Europe
- Harvest Season: Year Around, Peak is April - August
- Annual Harvest Volume: 400 tn (Annually)