Combating climate change challenges for indigenous farmers.
Red Fruits and Spices
About the farmIndigenous farmers make the most of Makira’s tropical climate and rich volcanic soil, growing their cacao alongside native coconut trees, root vegetables, and hardwood. This remote rainforest island is not without its challenges, however, as climate change is leading to rising sea levels and destructive storms.
About the PartnershipTogether with Original Beans, we’re paving the way to stronger economic opportunities for the indigenous farmers who are losing the battle against climate change. By combating local deforestation and supporting agroforestry projects in the area, we’re maintaining a farmable ecosystem and encouraging biodiversity in the region.
Try a SampleYou can order a 1 kg sample of this product. If you like the sample and want to order, please complete the form below.
- Genetics: Amelonado
- Size: Average Size // 100 g for 100 beans
- Fermentation: Individual Fermentation, Wooden Boxes
- Drying: Solar Drying with Protective Roof
- Floral: ●○○○
- Fruit: ●●●○
- Nut: ●○○○
- Chocolate: ●●●○
- Acidity: ●●●○
- Hand Sort: No
- Bag Size: 62.5 kg
- Certifications: None
- FOB Price: $3,940 USD / MT
- Availability: USA / Europe
- Harvest Season: Year Round
- Annual Harvest Volume: 10 MT (Annually)