Guarding the lineage of a rare genetic varietal.
Radiant Raspberry and Citrus
About the farmAmid the arid desert of the Piura Valley, dedicated farmers harness the Andean waterways to keep their unexpected groves blooming on even the hottest of days. These smallholder growers have organized into collectives and use diverse agroforestry to make the most of their yields, cultivating their cacao alongside mango, citrus, and rice.
About the PartnershipTogether with Original Beans, we pay conservation premiums to preserve the genetics of this ultra-rare Piura cacao. By identifying genetically strong trees, establishing new cacao nurseries, and providing ongoing nursery management training, we can ensure this varietal will be enjoyed for years to come.
Try a SampleYou can order a 1 kg sample of this product. If you like the sample and want to order, please complete the form below.
- Genetics: Albino / Nacional
- Size: Almond, Varied Size // 100 g for 93 beans
- Fermentation: Central Fermentation, Wooden Boxes
- Drying: Sun Dried on Mesh Beds
- Floral: ●○○○
- Fruit: ●●●●
- Nut: ●●○○
- Chocolate: ●○○○
- Acidity: ●●●○
- Hand Sort: Yes
- Bag Size: 62.5 kg
- Certifications: Organic
- FOB Price: $5,300 USD/MT
- Availability: USA / Europe
- Harvest Season: February - June, October, November
- Annual Harvest Volume: 40 MT (Annually)